Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 9, 2012 letter

What do you call an aligator in a vest?..... an investigator.


Hello Hello from Florida! Hope yall had a great week. It was the 4th
of july this week, which is my favorite holiday usually, but not my
favorite holiday on the mission haha. ok, So here is the stories for
the week:

For exercise in the mornings sister Hirst usually goes down stairs and
runs the length of the apartment and the stairs and after my morning
stretch I run the length of the apartment upstairs (you have to get
creative when you dont want to go run in the humidity cause you breath
and its like drinking water) so either monday or tuesday I was running
back and forth and when i went to turn around I stepped on my foot
wrong and twisted it... I was so mad because we had to stay in because
of my sickly-ness last week and I was NOT about to stay inside again
for anything. So i just ignored the fact that my ankle hurt and we
went out tracting and walking for hours anyways. Well, that was a bad
idea because at the end of the night my ankle may not have been an
ankle anymore, it was a cankle. Sister Hirst looked at it and yelled
"oh my gosh you have a tomatoe on your leg!" So the 4th was spent
tracting for like 4 hours with little 20 minute breaks taken here and
there to ice my cankle. Plus no one was home for the 4th, and it
poured. So it is officially not my favorite holiday on a mission. BUT
on the upside, my cankle has resumed ankle status and I got to go back
to running on it this morning, which was great. MY exercises for the
last week have consisted of lots and lots of ab work outs and laying
with my leg elevated while memorizing scriptures.

We also had a pretty bad rejection this week. We were out tracting and
we knocked on the last door and we said we were missionaries there to
share a message of jesus christ and she was super friendly and even
invited us in. She introduced us to her whole family and then said
"what church did you say yall were from? Baptist, methodist,
prespeterian?"... "church of jesus christ of latter day saints...
Mormons..?" I have never seen someone expression change so fast. She
went from being super happy we were there to pure TERROR. She was
terrified that she had let two mormons in her house. We tried asking
her some questions letter her know we are not scary or weird or
whatever but she just kept saying "im sorry, you have to leave. you
have to get out. sorry" and she shooed us out of her house without
listening to anything we had to say :( that was rough.

We met alot of really nice catholics this week. we also meet some, but
most of the people we meet are some sort of protastant religion. They
were all very encouraging and had great things to say and great
questions. I am always so grateful when people are polite even when
they dont want to hear our message or keep learning from us.

If you have never lived in a humid place before, its crazy. People say
that somedays you open the door and it will hit you in the face. I
came to understand that this week, it was especially humid the last
few days and I went to get out of the car the other day and as soon as
I opened the door my glasses fogged up so I couldnt see. I had to take
them off until I got back inside to let them de-fog.

We got to teach the Priest quorum sunday to help them prepare for
serving a mission and we taught them about scripture study because
every missionary wishes they had better study habits before they
served. It was great! I am so grateful for the book of mormon and for
the scriptures. I love reading from them everyday and seeing the
connections between each of them to more fully understand the gospel.
I know now how important it is to 'feast upon the words of christ'
because they truely do 'tell you all things which you should do' they
answer my prayers over and over and it is often times through the
scriptures that God speaks to us. If you dont read them everyday,
start now. Especially the Book of Mormon. What a great book we have to
learn from!

I love you all!
Sister Webb

1 comment:

Sherry Nash said...

What a great collection of blogs! No matter how experienced one is at creating or participating in blog creation, there is always opportunity for creative thinking and seeing what others have come up with. Thanks for the posting! Check out also the packaging design company