Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Seven Day


I saw this today on pintrest. Its true.

I cant even believe I am leaving for my mission in one week from today. I am so excited but the nerves have definitely set in. Saying goodbye to people has been the hardest part of everything so far (remember the end of this depressing post). I am, however, way excited to go and teach people about the gospel and share something that has made such a difference in my life. 

Let me tell you about the weeks before you leave on a mission: 
#1. every night i fall asleep thinking of some other little nick nack that i need to buy from the store like safety pins or moleskin for blisters .. tonight i just realized i should probably take some envelopes to go along with my stamps, paper, and pens.
#2 Everyone and their dog wants to see you before you go so you end up scheduling out every meal that you have open to different people. i hear thats what happens on your mission, so it makes sense why you tend to gain weight.
#3 I have thrown out or D.I.-ed more stuff in the last couple weeks than I have in the last couple years.
#4 I have realized that a year and a half's worth of stuff can fit into two bags


#5- the only thing people can think of to say to you is ' the people of ____ are lucky to have you', 'you'll be an awesome missionary' or 'your opinion doesnt matter, your leaving... followed by laughter'

#6 you finally get to start hearing stories of what really happens in the MTC.

#7 You get more gifts when you leave on a mission than you get on your birthday... I had a 'mission' shower from my family (kind of like a bridal shower but for a missionary) and a BBQ thrown by my awesome friend jessie, where people just brought me random stuff... my personal favorite was from Emilee and thats just because of the note attached to it:
(the note says 'just in case you forget something, here is the muggle version of a remembral')


That is all I can think of because I am getting tired.
I have such great friends and so much support. I will love and miss everyone!



4 comments:

Adam and Dev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam and Dev said...

Sarah, you will be an AWESOME missionary ;). Really you will do great! I am excited for you but a little sad since we are most likely moving to Hooper next month. We will have to hang out when you get back ok. Good luck and we'll miss ya! :)

Lizzy said...

and you will be such a good missionary. the people of Florida are so lucky to have you :) I got your letter yesterday and will write you back ASAP. I LOVE YOU! Don't let your nerves get the best of you.. that anxious feeling in your stomach should settle down in..oh.. about two years from now ;).

p.s. If you can make it through the MTC, you can make it through anything! THats my opinion at least. I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Marinda said...

Sarah Jane, I am so excited for you! I can't believe I haven't seen you yet...I really hope I get to see you before you leave. I'm sure it's annoying having to make plans with everyone you ever knew but just be sympathetic to all of us who love your face that we want to see it before it leaves for a year and a half!!
Also, I think instead of DI-ing things...you should just bring them to me. I'll help you out with that. :) LOVE YOU!!