Tuesday, August 14, 2012

July 30, 2012 letter

"Satan called, He wants his weather back"

Hello hello! 
Its transfer week and I am being shipped off again..... except not really because I am going to move to an apartment that is 2.2 miles away, I will be attending church in the same building, only I will be serving in the Tallahassee 5th (singles) ward. I am going to be whitewashing FSU campus with Sister Fullmer. She will be dying this next transfer so we gotta go crazy and keep the anti trunky feeling AWAY! If I am being honest I am freaking out a little bit. Campus intimidates me! It has been called things like "Babylon".. "the great and spacious building"... and more often than not "Sodom and Gomorrah" I guess when I feel like I am getting to comfortable and pray for something that will kick me back into gear as far as growing quickly goes, FSU came as an answered prayer? God always answers prayers, just maybe not how you expect it. As anxious as I am to go to FSU I know that it will be exactly what I need to stretch and to grow and become what I need to become. PRAY FOR ME! haha :) just kidding I think I will love it. We get to work with the institute couple and the institute director, which they are some of my favorite people in the whole world. The singles ward will be different and fun too.

This week was fun.... here are some of the highlights:
Monday we went to wacolla springs and saw some gators and we had a bonus this time: we saw a manatee! that was pretty cool

Tuesday was pioneer day and there is man named Dan who is a baptist, wannabe mormon. He is a landlord and owns some of the duplexes that the elders live in, they have been working on him for the last 4 months since they moved in and he just LOVES the missionaries. He threw a bbq for us about 4 months ago when they first moved in and it was really fun. He is getting really close to being ready to take the plunge into the waters of baptism. So he found out the 24th of july was a mormon holiday and so he threw us another bbq at his lake house on lake talquin. He wanted some sisters to come and help him prepare the food and get things ready so sis hirst and I road tripped it the 20 miles out there (it felt like a road trip cause we were in our p-day clothes) and went to help... he wanted us to come help for 4 hours but we knew it wouldnt take that long, so we went for 2 1/2.... it really only took an hour to get everything ready so we taught a lesson to the cutest 80 year old woman that was there who dan has been friends with forever and she was REALLY interested. We got to go teach her friday too and she was so excited. her prayed was so humble and cute she just thanked god for sending us and said that she felt like this was the path that she thought he wanted her to take. I love hearing people pray for the first time and hearing those words. God really does prepare peoples hearts. SO the BBQ was awesome and way fun. I saw President jensen in his normal clothes for the first time. WEIRD. 

Wednesday 
we had a "day in the life of being a missionary" with a laural from the ward. She came over to our apartment at 6:30, exercised with us. studied with us. did service, finding, and teaching with us and then went home at 9. It was really fun and she had a great experience. She seems really excited to serve a mission some day... "as long as she doesnt get married first' haha thats what she always says to us. 

Thursday 
is weekly planning day. I have never loved companionship inventory so much until I had sister hirst. This week she decided for our last comp inventory she would sing me a song to the tune of 'hope of israel' telling me how great I am. It was hilarious. I recorded it... but its too big to send through email. SORRY! 

Friday
 I dont really have a highlight except that we got to go teach cute Beverly our 80 year old friend we met at the lake house. We also went to dinner at the Grissetts... which are the most southern couple in our ward so dinner is always good ol' southern cookin. We had fried green tomatoes last time and so I asked her if she would teach me how to make them next time we came over so we went this week and she showed us how and let us fry some. Were going to make some more in a couple hours for the other sisters and the elders that are going home. 

Saturday
s are our big finding days so we contact and tract for hours on end... it wasnt the most fruitful finding ever, but we did find one new gator who is 1/3 jewish and grew up with traditional jewish beliefs but came to know that christ was the son of god from his christian neighbor. He lived in utah for a while and went to a couple services and is interested in really learning more. that was great. we did some service this day too for sister mcclain who found out I like art and so she enlisted me to paint her mailbox for her with lady bugs on it! (I'll attach a photo) it was alot of fun. she and siter hirst hung curtain rods and wall decorations while I painted. then we went to a farwell dinner for sis horan and elder bentley. They had cafe rio style food and it was SO good. I miss cafe rio. that will be one of the first places I eat when I get home. Sister Eckles had some info that was on the DL from president saying that she was leaving FSU which we were almost postive that i was going there to be her comp... but she is actually going to Troy... so then we couldnt think about anything but what was happening at transfers for the rest of the night. 

Sunday 
was a normal Sunday full of the spirit and great lessons. Sundays are the best at the end of a long hard week. we had 3 investigators at church who I will miss dearly! 

Other random bits of news: 
#1- Im having another granddaughter! Sister hirst will be training the new sister coming in. I am so excited for her! she will do so great.  
#2- I have been in the south for almost a year now and I FINALLY tried gator! We got some fried gator tail nuggets today from a restaurant called po-boys for lunch. Turns out it just tastes like chicken... for reals! 
#3- I just love you all so much! 
#4- The church is TRUE!!!!

No comments: