Sunday, April 19, 2009

Finally the End!

So, school is winding down and one by one classes are ending and it feels great. Today I finished with my Type, Image and Visual continuity class (graphic design) and i have to say i am particularly proud of my final project that we turned in today. We have had 3 weeks to work on it and I, of course, started yesterday. I finished at about 6 am this morning and was a little nervous for what my teacher was going to say but he loved it :) yay! So I decided to post my final project on here along with a couple posters from the designer (Claude Kuhn) who I drew my inspiration from.

The concept for this project was the idea that the Mayan and other Mesoamerican cultures believe that the world is going to end on December 21.2012 so we decided do a poster on the end of the world and what we would say to everyone if we knew the day the world was ending so here is my poster:


Claude Kuhn is probably my favorite of all the poster designers that i am familiar with. He makes a living off of designing 2 posters a year for the museum of Natural History in Bern Switzerland which i was fortunate enough to go see while i was studying abroad there last summer. His designs are all vector based and the colors he uses are what attracts me to them in
the first place but above that, his over all designs and concepts for the posters themselves are genius! So here are a few of my favorite posters he has designed:


6 comments:

Scott Ficklin said...

great extinction poster. I like the zebra thumb print one a lot too

. said...

It turned out good. i like how clean it is. shweeet!

*ALi* said...

I LOVE your poster! You are so talented and your blog is the cutest! did you design the background? P.S. my blog is a1i3n.blogspot.com. I'm adding you to my blog list atm!

Natasha said...

dido to what Ali said! i'm glad you made a blog! i think it is easier to see what ppl are up to ! like i had no idea you were doing graphic design! and it is awesome!. I have a blog too, misstashiba@blogspot.com

EMiLy said...

i love these! i am really glad you have a blog, because it's good to see some of your artwork. i've always wanted to,and glad i can right before graduation comes! you are so talented! love you!

Bryan and Allie said...

Hey Sarah! How the heck are ya?! I'm so happy I found your blog, so I can now keep in touch with you better. Hope all is going well for you.