Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Latest Greatest

I should be sleeping now, but its been a while since ive blogged. I still dont have anything to blog about but crafty stuff, so here is my updates.

First off, I made a wedding present for my roommate tasha and her fiance (now husband) Johnny. I have wanted to try a photo transfer for a long time, but I didnt have any photos to use. Tasha sent me some of her engagement photos to edit for her, so I used one of them to transfer onto a 16x20 canvas.


I used mod podge, first painted on the canvas, and the photo placed ink side down while it was still wet. After it dried I got the paper wet and when you rub it, it comes off but leaves the ink. Here is what it looks like when it is done:

Next, I Found This blog: newdressaday.wordpress.com and was super inspired. I love what she does with alot of her dresses, so I decided to alter a dress of my own. here is the before photo (i apologize for the camera in the photo, also the ugly face haha)

and this is what it looked like after taking out shoulder pads, and the elastic waist band, unstitched and removed the belt loops, took off the sleeves and took the dress in, then reattached the sleeves so the seam is where it should be, lastly I hemmed it, and vwala! here it is: (again with the camera.... )

Saturday I went to the manti temple with my ward and wore my new dress... I love it, and its pretty comfortable! The manti temple is BEAUTIFUL!


Today, I was kind of missing Utah state... they started school yesterday, and im a little sad I am not there to be in the midst of week of welcome, so to celebrate the start of school... I FINALLY started on my utah state quilt. First I dug out a bunch of my blue and white utah state Tshirts (dont worry, I kept all the colored ones to wear to bed, and I still have like 20)

Then I cut them up into squares, and layed them out... I have to go but some gray fabric to sew in between and for the back, but i think its going to look awesome!


These are not a project, just more cute shoes I found at the DI. I cant wait for boot season so I get to wear them....

I saw these boots on madebylex.com and cant wait for boot season to try this look with some of my boots that I have, I think its super cute!


ZE END!

3 comments:

marinda said...

Oh my Sar...I just love you and your amazing craftiness. Crafting hero? I think yes. And I freaking miss your face here at Utah State too. It makes me sad that you aren't here with us. Come visit soon! Aaaand...I am le tired. Haha. Love you!

Adam and Dev said...

Sarah...I want to come craft and shop with you! You are so creative! also, I love the Manti Temple as well. That's the temple for our area where I grew up and where I got married. Love it! Hope all is well—miss ya :)

Natasha said...

you inspire me! I just found that a dress a day blog the other day and She is Amazing! your dress looks totally awesome too! And that Photo transfer was so beautiful! i'm going to have to try it out. Did you print it out on a 16x20 or use 8x10s and piece it together?