Monday, September 13, 2010

Isnt it about... TIME?

Isnt it amazing how much can change in so little of time?

I was reading through past blogs and old journals last night and it really was so surprising to me how much has changed in my life over the last year...

One year ago (taken from my journal last year) I had just started my Senior year of college and I was loving it. I was living with 7 of my favorite roommates ever. I was taking 2 institute classes from my favorite teacher. I was going to the temple regularly. I loved my classes and my two jobs that I was working. My biggest struggles were the fact that I was trying to get over a boy that I had just stopped dating and my biggest worry was that I had run over a screw a couple days previous and had to take the bus to school instead of driving. There is no way I would have predicted then, where I am today.

Six months ago (to the day) I was in Brazil. It was my second day there and i was suffering from a little bit of culture shock because EVERYONE spoke portuguese and there were only 2 people that spoke english (my brother and Logan) I spend the day in curitiba site seeing and we went to the temple there, once again no one was speaking any english. It was awesome. There is no way I would have predicted then, where I am today.

Three months ago (to the day) I had graduated and moved home. I went to church that day feeling super uncomfortable because i didnt really know anyone. I wrote in my journal that night and it says: "I hate living here, I hate kaysville, I hate staying home on the weekends, i hate not having roommates, I hate not having friends, I hate being alone and sad all the time-- but this is my life now, so i guess i have to get over it and find a way to be happy again"... I was one week into my new job and I was not doing anything and not sure if any of the people i worked with even liked me. I cried myself to sleep alot of nights and felt like no one but my brother even cared (hes such an amazing guy). There is no way I could have predicted then, where I am today.

Now today I look back to three months ago and wonder how i could have felt that way. Ive come a full 180-- I am happy now, I have adjusted to living at home again. I love my job and my coworkers. I am SUPER blessed in all aspects of my life. I have a great family and Im starting to make friends. I have an awesome ward and bishopric that answered my prayers by putting me in the calling I am in. I got a job right after I graduated and now realize how amazing that is (considering alot of my friends that i graduated with are still looking). It just makes me look forward and wonder, what is life going to be like 3 months, 6 months, or a year from now. It also makes me realize how important it is to keep doing the right things because things can change and happen so fast, and If im not careful, I'll end up somewhere I dont want to be.

So if anyone out there is reading this and struggling with whatever it may be, just remember... Do you best to keep your head above water. Do everything you can to change the situation, then let time take care of the rest. Its all about keeping life in perspective.

Love you All!!

2 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

This was a great post. Thanks for the words of advice. There are always times in our lives when we feel like nothing will ever change...I feel that every day as we struggle with infertility and miscarriages and wondering if we'll ever have children. We need to look the future and imagine that everything will work out in 3 months or 6 months or a year and not focus so much on the "Why not now?"

Glad you are liking your job now! Starting new jobs is always really rough...you feel like an outcast and like the days drag on forever.

marinda said...

Sar, this is a wonderful post. I'm so glad that you have adjusted to this new time in your life and that you are excited for life! Woot! You are my hero (crafting hero? what?) and don't forget how much I love you!!