Saturday, April 2, 2011

Three big 'M's

M#1: MEXICO:

I cant really just post a couple pictures, So you are going to get like 50. Here is a Rundown of my trip:


THis is what SLC looked like when we left

And this is Beautiful Mexico city that we flew into... notice there was no snow.
We spent the first night just waundering the city. this is their famous statue.
Welcome to mexico! We first went to the anthropology museum of mexico city
This is Jack, one of our tour guides. He teaches institute at the U and guides on the side. what a life.
first stop, teotihuacan... This is the group that came minus the bishop and Brother Hone
This is what the Bishop did all trip long.
This is the moon pyramid
and the Sun pyramid... which is the second largest in the world.
Jumping pictures happened all the time
I found the beloved peach juice that I drank everyday in Brazil
Park of olmec (jaradite) artifacts
This is nacho, Our mexican tour guide. He was awesome! by the end of the trip, he was totally one of us.
Palanque... The tower here is something like the tower that Noah had, if not the one.
The whole view of palanque
This is a 200 foot waterfall that we went swimming in. it doesnt look that big in this picture but it was HUGE!
We took a nice boat ride down the Yaxchilan River which is believed to be the river sideon
Off to the 'city of zarahemla' or so they believe.
This is the base of a ceiba tree... which they refer to as the tree of life.
The next day we went to tikal. in this photo we are sitting at the top of temple #4 which is above the tree line and the only things popping out of the trees are temple 1,2, and 3.
Temple 2
Then we went zip lining through the jungle.
This is the group that went ziplining, everyone else stayed back at the hotel to watch the BYU game. Lame.
and awesome sunset from our hotel.

The next day we went to the guatamala temple, but didnt get to go inside :(
We took a tour of the guatamala MTC 
This is a temple found underground that has the same dimensions as Solomon's temple... can anyone say Nephi's temple?
They were currently digging in the area
and they found some human teeth. WHAT!?!?!
Some of us went to antigua while some people stayed and watched the BYU game again.
This, is an active volcano.
The next day we went to Lake Atiklan, which is a prime canidate for the waters of mormon. They have found that there is a city underneath the Lake.
We took a boat across the lake to Santiago to go shopping. The next day we woke up bright and early and flew home. 

M#2: Market:

The {Bijou Market} is just a week away and I am not ready. This week is going to be insane. Im thinking a full all nighters will be in order, just like the good old days of school. There is going to be some awesome stuff there. Click on the link above to see all the vendors that will be there this year. I would love to see everyone there if you can make it.. Here is a flier with the information. I dont have to be by my booth the whole time, so if you come let me know... I want to see you!



M#3: Mission... Im going on one.

This one has been a long time coming. I began thinking about a mission about a year ago. Talked to my bishop and was going to start my papers... that is when i got the answer 'no, now is not the time.' Then I graduated and panicked because i didn't know what to do with life, and began to think about a mission. Again the answer no came. Then I got a job, received a significant calling in my ward and found friends and I knew that i was where I was suppose to be. This last monday the prompting came again and this time it is for real. In the last 5 days I have seen my bishop twice. Prayed and fasted about it, and I know that this is what the Lord wants me to do with my life. If all goes according to plan my papers will be sent in a little over a week and a call will come 2-3 weeks later. I cant wait to see where I will be serving the lord for a year and a half. Now that I have decided to go, I just want to get out of here and start serving. I am so excited to go through the temple and receive my endowments. It is amazing how right this feels compared the last couple times.

Any guesses where I will go?!

On a whole different note... I loved the april fools day joke that google played on typography lovers all over the world.... If you typed in 'helvetica' (one of the most well known classic fonts.).. everything in google changed to the terrible childish font known as comic sans... Only nerdy graphic designers that love typography and fonts would fully appreciate this joke....Good one google!

8 comments:

Carly LeBaron said...

AHHHHH!!! OHMYGOSH!!! You're going on a mission!!!! I'm so excited for you Sar! You are going to be, like, the best missionary ever!

CONGRATS! I think you'll go to Russia or the Ukraine... But maybe that's because I was watching the special on the Temple they just built there... Haha!

Natasha said...

Congrats on your mission! I can't believe that there were people with you on the mexico trip that would stay in and watch a BYU game?!?! how lame is that! Good luck at the market!

Emily M. said...

you.are.amazing! i am giong to miss you, but i think you will be an amazing missionary! i loved looking at those mexico pictures! i didn't know you went with my sister. in the picture of the group zip-linning, there is a woman in front with blonde hair named kathy. she was my boss at the nursing home in provo. so random! how do you know her? i am coming to bijou- probably friday! i hope to see you! xoxo

marinda said...

Oh Sarah Jane...I am so happy for you!! You are just living the life my friend. And I am jealous that you will get to serve the Lord for a year and a half. Don't tell Joe. :) But really, you are a good example of listening to the spirit and not trying to do things on your own time when the Lord has his own timeline. I just love you! Good luck with getting your papers in and getting ready for the Bijou Market!! You are so great!

chargerfan said...

Looks like your trip was tons of fun! You will have to let us know when you get your call so Ben and I can come listen to you speak in church before you leave.

Kylee Adam said...

sarah! I'm so happy I found your blog! You look like you are doing so great and congrats on the mission. I can't wait to hear where you will go. Hope everything is going well with you and I'll now be blog stalking you :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylie's Reality said...

OH my goodness! Sarah!! I am so excited for you!! You are amazing!!! I cannot wait to see all that the Lord has in store for you!!
I think you will get called either to Canada or Tennessee :)
Love you!! We need to get together soon, lets grab a bite when I get out of schoo