Monday, January 30, 2012

January 23, 1012 letter

Hey all,
I dont have much time today because its sister greenwells birthday so we decided to celebrate by going bowling with all the elders in the district instead of spending alot of time emailing. So I dont have much time to write a long one, but I have so much I want to tell y'all so sorry if it is way scattered!
 
We'll start out with a few funny thing:
#1- in case anyone was wondering if you could talk to someone about dogs for an hour and a half, its possible. We went to visit some less active and they have 6 dogs. That is their life, so everytime we'd try and change the subject to something else they'd take it back to dogs. We talked about church for maybe 5-10 minutes... the rest of the time was talking about dogs. I didnt know that was possible.
#2- I was accused of being a racist by a black man. We went to see a referral and we went to the wrong address (it was the next street over) so when he opened the door I guess I looked really tired (it had been a REALLY long day) cause he opened it and he was really put off and he said that when he opened the door I looked like a little white girl that had seen a ghost, he thought I was shocked because he was of color.... nope I was just really really tired. He then proceeded to tell us all about the persecution that has happened to 'his people' since the beginning of time. that was a fun conversation.
#3- the comcast man. He came to our door and when I opened it he told us that we werent on their list of people that was with comcast. I told him that we were missionaries and that we didnt have a TV a computer and didnt have a land line, so that we didnt need internet or TV services. and he was dumbfounded, He didnt know what to say because you cant argue that at all and go at it from a different angle. So after he thought for a minute he just asked us what church we were from. I tried to teach him the gospel, but he wasnt interested. that would have been sweet because he knocked on OUR door instead of us on his.
 
We taught some awesome lessons, Alfonzo is the coolest 80 year black man I have ever met. There is a beehive that has decided she wasnt to do her YW personal project on helping the missionaries find referrals and coming to lessons with us.... SWEET! oh and we also have bed bugs. Nothing worse than waking up with a few more bites that never stop itching. They better come take care of it SOON cause Its the worst way to start off the morning.
 
Alrighty. Sorry the letter was so scattered, but I love you all!
Sister Webb

No comments: