Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3, 2012 letter

Hey everyone!
This email is going to be a quick one because we have ALOT to do to get ready for transfers. I got my assignment and I am off to Lynn Haven Florida. It is down by panama city and from what I hear we go to the beach quite a bit for district things. I'm pretty excited. I will be with Sister Greenwell, and she is on her last transfer before she heads home so I will be killing her off. I'm gonna have to do my best to help her not to get too trunky. I am also going to a ward, which will be quite the change. I am looking forward to getting to know more people and the changes that are coming, but I will miss all the people that I have met here for sure!
 
We managed to make it through the holiday season without having too much time to kill. We taught alot of recent convert lessons and made sure they were all still on the right track as far as their post baptism progression goes, and they are! I am glad that president tipped me off because so many of them left this last week to go on trips before school starts up again, so luckily I got to say goodbye. I am going to miss all my chinese friends alot. I did notice however on my email from president that they baptized a chinese man down in Tally 1st ward, which is where sister horan was transferred down to. Doesnt surprise me at all that she moved out of troy and immediately found a Chinese person to teach!
 
I wasn't sure if I was suppose to be telling people that I was getting transferred because we hadn't officially seen the transfer schedule, So we decided to keep it on the down low at church. But then we got to church Sunday and we were sitting in missionary coordination meeting and president salmon called on me and elder Olsen to say the prayers (he is getting transferred too) and then we got the program and the two speakers said "by invitation".. so we knew that everyone knew we were leaving. I dont know how I managed to be here for 4 months and never get called out of the audience to bear my testimony or to speak but I did. I wasnt so lucky this time. As often as we talk of the gospel and bear testimony as missionaries, it is still very nerve racking to get up in front of everyone and speak. I had no idea what to talk about but the verse in alma 32 about first having a desire to believe then letting that desire grow enough till it can be a seed of faith planted in your heart kept popping into my head, so i talked on faith. Its been something I have been thinking alot about lately.. what it takes to develop the kind of faith that they show in the book of mormon. so many times the BOM the lord says "never had I seen such great faith as.....", so what does it take for him to say that? I dont know the answer, It is something it will probably take me my whole mission to figure out, but after talking about it in comp study the other day, we came to the conclusion that the first step is to develop the Christlike attributes. The more Christlike we are, the more faith we have. Just something I have been thinking about the week that I thought i'd share with y'all as well. :)
 
I dont have my new address in lynn haven yet, but I will send it as soon as I get it!
 
Have a great week!
Love, Sister Webb

No comments: