Thursday, March 15, 2012

February 13,2012 letter

"Jesus says 'follow me' what will you say"


Hey everyone!
So, first things first. SHIRLEY GOT BAPTIZED!!! I am so excited for her and am so blessed to have been a part of so many baptisms already in my mission. The service was great. She was baptized by brother Williams, who has been her friend for a really really long time and has only been a member of the church for a couple years, so it was a great experience for him to be able to baptize her. They were both so nervous, and he forgot the words... but he made sure she went ALL THE WAY under the water so he wouldnt have to do it again. Her whole family is really anti (because they are all holiness preachers) but her sister and her daughter came still, which was amazing. I know that she wont regret this decision as long as she stays strong. Its always hard when a family doesnt support your decision and you have to put your relationships on the line. But when you have a solid testimony you are willing to sacrifice those things and just be able to trust that the lord will work it all out if you stay faithful.
But really, there is nothing better as a missionary than to see someone you get so attached to enter the waters of baptism. Which leads me to my second point, which is that I am being transferred again... so I am WAY glad she got baptized when she did so that I could be here for it. We were trying to deal with our bed bug situations last monday, which turns out it might be fleas... which I dont understand why its just me getting bit (sister greenwell never gets bit), but whatever. (Im pretty sure its just a trial heavenly father is putting me through.... 'here sister webb, I am going to put bug bites all over you that never stop itching and I want you to try and figure out how to focus while you are teaching and NOT think about how badly your legs itch) anywho... so we were trying to figure it all out and I was talking to sister jensen about it and she said she wanted to get it taken care of so we dont take them with us where we are going, so I asked if I was moving and she said that at least sister greenwell was going home so we needed to get them taken care of. Then President called me back like 5 minutes later and said that he decided to just tell me what was going down at transfers and that he was moving me to tally 1st ward. So I am off again! I was going to bring my new address with me to give yall my mailing address, but I forgot it.
So just dont send me any mail or anything until next week when I get my new address, or send it to the
1535 killearn ctr blvd ste C-3
Tallahassee FL 32309
address and I will get it.
I think president figured out that I really like change because we talked about it in my last interview and he said that he always needs missionaries that like to be moved around because for the most part people like to be put somewhere and stay there. So I have a feeling I will not be in an area for very long. I am excited to go to tally, but its always hard to leave people behind. My new companion will be sister seafurt. she has been sister Horans companion for the last 3 months so if she didnt work hard before Im pretty sure sister horan whipped her into shape.
I love you all!
Sister Webb

No comments: