Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 6, 2012 letter

Hey friends!
I hear the weather back in Utah has been warm the last couple days. Its been rather cold here (for florida weather) The other day it POURED rain, but I think we got the best of the bad weather over here in the eastern part of the US.

This week was great! We managed to find a couple people this week to teach. We tracted alot and visited alot of members asking for referrals and our pool is slowly growing. Sister Seifert fasted to know what we need to do to find investigators and she just keeps getting the answer to work with the members and let them do the finding. Which is exactly how it should be. I think back to before my mission and I never gave my 2 or 3 friends that I knew as non-members as referrals, so I can understand their hesitations, but as we go visit members and talk to them about experiences they have had, we see that the work is starting to pick up and that they are in the first stages of missionary work by talking to their friends and getting to know their neighbors and having gospel conversations. I am excited to see where these stories go. Here are a couple stories from this week:

First off is a girl named Siera. She is 16 and just moved in with her grandmother (who is a member of the church) because she lives with her, her grandmas requirements are that she comes to church on sundays. She was just fine with that, but requested that she meets with the missionaries to learn some of the basic doctrines so that she isnt lost when she comes. She came for the first time sunday and we got to meet her. When I asked her what she thought after church was over, she said that she felt very comfortable. She had gone to church with her friends many times but always felt like something wasnt right and always felt uncomfortable but that she felt very comfortable here. I am excited to go teach her next week and help her understand our teachings and help her progress in the gospel.

Next is a lady that we havent met yet, and I dont even remember her name. She is a less active member. She stopped going to church when she was 16 and she is now 36. She called the bishop this week and requested to meet him. She told him that she would like to come back to church but that she doesnt really know how. She requested that the missionaries come teach her again so that she can remember the things she learned when she was little. We are going to go see her this week and get to know her and help her come back to church. I cant wait! (especially cause I have been so down about Less actives lately and how sad it is that they leave and never come back)

After hearing peoples conversions stories and their reactivation stories, I have been thinking alot about Gods timing and planning then I got here today and read my brother Sams email and he put my thoughts into words really really well, he said: "If you think of the grand scheme of things and how God has to orchestrate sooooo many peoples lives and promptings and experiences to have them feel the spirit and have things happen to them to make them open to the gospel and then pull you into it and everything that you have going on, its crazy to even think of the odds of that happening.  Without him it cant.  So even though he is God it sometimes takes time for him to line things up."

I love so much that we have a god that cares and that is patient enough for us to get our act together and follow him the way we know we are suppose to. He is constantly waiting for us to realize our mistakes, come back to him, rely on him, and have faith in his timing and his plan. This is a lifetime pursuit. So if you are like me feeling like you are not good at relying on him, just remember that he will always be there with outstretched arms waiting for you to get it together...haha I know I find comfort in that thought.

Have a great week!
Sister Webb

No comments: