Thursday, March 15, 2012

February 21, 2012 letter

"honk if you love jesus, text if you want to meet him"


Hey everyone!
So transfers were this week and I did in fact get transferred. I am no longer living with the bedbugs in Lynn Haven, I was moved to the Tallahassee 1st ward. Transfers were crazy, we thought we were going to have all day Wednesday to say goodbye to people but we found out that we needed to take the car to transfer spots at 9:00am for another set of missionaries to take it (they took sister out of Lynn Haven all together so they took the car) so we woke up at 4:30 in the morning and I cleaned for 4 hours while sis Greenwell got all of her stuff packed and we just had to ride the transfer van all day long. It made for a really long 10 hours in the car, but I got to spend the day with Sister Haidenthaller which I loved. (She went home as well as sister greenwell) and she got to update me on everything that has happened in troy in the last 6 weeks since Ive left it.
Tally 1st is great. There are alot more people that are open to listening here than there were in Lynn Haven. We have a few investigators and have pretty regular appointments to meet with people. They had one baptism last transfer and we dont have anyone that is really even close, but we are going to do our best to find someone. My new companions name is Sister Siefert. She is great! She is from layton (actually the same ward as sister H is from). She is also an Art major and wants to do illustration. She loves anime and drawing animals all over her notes that she is taking. She is really reserved and quiet around alot of people but she is a TALKER when its just us in the car or the apartment! We get along really well and have fun. She has been in this ward for 7 months so she will most likely leave at the end of this transfer.
Also, I have been made designated driver. which really probably doesnt seem like that big of a deal, but its been 6 months since I've driven a car and it was GREAT to get behind the wheel and drive again. I love to drive. I also asked president about bikes and he said that I felt like they could make any of the areas into a biking area that he would buy the sisters bikes in that area and allow us to ride them again. WOOT WOOT. I hope he puts me somewhere where that is possible, because I really want to ride bikes too. He is way open to suggestions. I love president Jensen.
Our Apartment is in the middle of the woods and I feel like I am at girl camp every morning when I walk outside. There are bugs buzzing and birds chirping and our apartment is like a little cabin duplex. Also, We no longer have bedbugs, but we have another bug problem here in tally.. we have spiders living in our air vents in our car. Sis S said that the other week they saw one crawl out and it took them a couple weeks to find it again to kill it. Then the other day we were driving down the road and i turned on the defrost in the front and out comes another spider. I pulled over, found a napkin and killed it, then started to drive again. Two minutes later sister siefert started freaking out screaming "ah there is another one on you!" there was one crawling across my shirt. I panicked, brushed it off (whilst managing to maintain contol of the car) and made it to our appointment. So now we are raid-ing our car trying to get rid of the spiders in our air vents.
We had Elder Clark from the 70 come and talk to us this week for a 1/2 mission conference. He talked alot about what real conversion means and when we teach people that are really converted they will never fall alway from the church. Then we talked about less actives and how 60 percent of most ward rosters are less active. It made me so sad. I never really knew that before my mission but being here trying to help people rekindle their testimonies is hard. It makes me so sad every time we go visit someone that just doesn't realize the importance of coming to church and renewing their covenants in relation to their eternal salvation. They were offended some 20 years ago and arent willing to come back because of something someone said, when in the eternal scheme of it all... that doesnt matter. This life is so short compared to eternity and we are all here to learn. we make mistakes we are trying our best. Just because someone that was also trying their best fell short and offended them, they are willing to sacrifice exaltation because of it. It just makes me really sad. I know this gospel is not a sit down church. It requires work. Then again, we dont deserve exaltation if we are not willing to put in the effort here... Just whats been on my mind lately.  
My new address here is:
3740 Maria Circle
Tallahassee FL, 32303
Love you all,
Sister Webb

Pictures:
#1- Miss Shirley Hayes and us at her baptism.
#2- Posterity Picture. My daughter (sis christian) is training. So my and sis H are her moms, then there is sister christian, then her greenie sister thomson.
#3- Sister Siefurt put on my crazy 80's glasses..... She is awesome.
#4- About to raid the car to kill the spider



No comments: