Monday, May 28, 2012

April 24, 2012 letter

Hey Everyone! 
So we found a way to be able to email on mondays again. So We will most likely be emailing every Monday now instead of Tuesdays. Its really nice to be able to keep all the P-day time together. Doing it on Tuesdays feels like 1/2 the week is spent not working as hard. So if you email me, send it on Mondays again! 

Exciting news this week: 
We got BIKES again! When I came out they told us to buy a bike and by the end of the MTC I had an email from my mom saying that they decided not to have sisters ride them anymore. I was really excited to ride them, and then I got here and sisters had to walk to or have a car. My first area wasnt bad because we didnt have a car and I loved walking everywhere and then I came to a car area. We passed so many people on the street in the car, we werent seen, we couldnt talk to them.. but everywhere we went was a 15 minute drive. So lately President has been talking to us about miles and saving them. When I was transfered to Tally I told him I was sad he took bikes away from sisters and he said if I was ever put in an area where I could use a bike to let him know. So I got here and we live on a really busy street with no shoulder so it wasnt really possible. Then talking to the Zone leaders, they said they had an extra bike rack, and sister Siefert had a bike already (Because sisters were still using them when she came to the mission) and I remembered that Troy had an extra bike that an old sister left there. So I called president and let him know that if we could get a bike rack we could carry our bikes with us and ride them once we got off of old bainbridge road. He got so excited he had the office couple go and buy a mission bike for me to use and so now we get to ride bikes again! I guess he took them away because sisters were complaining... So as long as I have a willing companion we will be riding bikes! 

It rained really really hard this week, so we had to modify our proselyting activities, but it was a great week. The elders had a baptism Friday, which was really awesome to see. He is an ex of one of the ladies in our ward and she wasnt a member either when they were together. Over the years and through alot of different life situations he has come to learn about the gospel from her and from their son, so he was what we would term a 'golden investigator'. He was ready to get baptized before the elders even started teaching him. Tyler (his son) got to baptize and confirm him, and it was incredible. The spirit is so strong at baptisms, and it is so great to see them make that first covenant with god. Our ward has a temple trip coming up, so the focus on the temple is really being pushed. It makes me miss it so much. I feel so blessed to live so close to so many temples at home. I cant want to be able to be inside again, there is nothing like it. 

I got an email from one of my converts from Troy, and He told me that he is getting the Melchizedek priesthood this week. I am so excited for him, and even though I am not there I am so proud of the progression that my converts are making. I cant wait to see what they do with their lives as they stay on the straight and narrow.

I think it is so interesting how leaders across the board tend to be inspired to talk about the same things at the same time. My branch president in Troy use to always talk about how he felt inspired about something, and that his sons mission president was inspried about the same thing then we'd read our presidents email and he would be telling us the same stuff as well. This week Elder Oaks was visiting and spoke to the Dothan Stake Missionaries (I'm in tally now) and alot of what he spoke about was the kingdoms of glory and our desires to get there, which is something that president has been telling us for the last 3 or 4 weeks now "BE CELESTIAL". They relate it to missionary work, but I it can be applied to everyone. Just as Elder holland stated in his last talk (which if you didnt hear, you should go read it right now) that we only have as much time as the master of the vineyard says we do... "dont delay, its getting late" now is the time to prove ourselves for eternity and how easy it is to get wrapped up in the meaningless things of life. I am so grateful to be here and have to oportunity to see people progress and make covenants! I hope we can all live up to the ones we have already made.

I love you all! 
Sister Webb


No comments: