Monday, May 28, 2012

May 14, 2012 letter

Happy mothers day yesterday to all the mothers and future mothers out there :) I always feel weird getting a mothers day gift when I am not even married, and it was even weirder getting one when I am a missionary and not even thinking about marriage right now (except for the continual reminders from president Jensen that if we are not valiant missionaries we don't deserve a valiant future spouse) It was so GOOD to talk to my family yesterday. It hardly feels like its been 5 months since the last time I talked to them on the phone, my my how time flies. 

For those of you that are not my family and didnt get to hear some of my stories, here is how the last week has been: 
So the surprise of sister Siefert staying in Tally 1st while I trained was short lived. We talked to president the next morning and he decided to send her to Troy alabama instead. Ive heard a couple times that transfers arent over until a couple weeks into the transfer... now that makes sense. I am a little Jealous that she gets to go to troy and spend time with all the people there that I came to love so much, but she will do so great there. 

I got a greenie This week and her name is Sister Hirst. She is SO great! Training last time was alot different because i was still so new that I barely knew what I was doing, let alone knowing enough to help sister Christian through the things that she needed, but now being a little farther out I feel like I have some valid experience to help sister Hirst get off on the right foot. New missionaires bring a magic with them that can only be given from our father in heaven. You get to see so many miracles when you train because God knows that a mission is going to be hard and that you need them in the first couple months. We have seen LOTS of those this week. We tracted one street and found a whole bunch of people that are interested in learning. I was joking with my dad yesterday talking to him that we are going to do it like the early days of the church... soap box in the street to the whole neighborhood and then baptize them all. that would be sweet. I am excited to start out from the beginning with some of our new investigators and help sister Hirst get the hang of things. 

There is a cheesy part of the training videos we watch where the sister missionaries are talking about training and I feel like one of the quotes is very applicable to sis H... one of them jokingly say "I didnt train her, She came PRE-trained" haha thats how I feel about sis Hirst. She is already so solid, she just jumps in on teaching and making commitments and isnt scared at all to go tracting and talk to people. Its already a really great companionship. She is from Elco (sp) Nevada. Went to BYU for a year before coming out and wants to be a geologist when she grows up. She is allergic to pretty much everything but fruits and vegis so this is also probably going to be the healthiest transfer of my mission also because we eat alot of salads and drink alot of fruit smoothies (she packed her super nice blender and brought it with her) and the members have already jumped on board in providing the most delicious salads EVER! Sister Hollett made us one that was lettuce, apples, red onions, strawberries, feta cheese and the southern nut: Pecans topped with an orange citrus dressing. IT WAS SO GOOD. I had a great plan of making her a greenie breakfast and dying all the food green, but then she was allergic to it all.... so I didnt :) maybe the next one! 

This transfer is going to be awesome and I hope everything at home is going well. 
LOVE YOU LOTS! 
Sister Webb


001: Sis Hirst
002: Sis Eckles and Hirst
003: Sister horan and I dancing 
004: Puddle jumping






No comments: