Monday, May 28, 2012

May 7, 2012 letter

"God is greater than any problem I have" - I love church signs!


What a week! WHAT A WEEK! There were all sorts of mix ups in the mission with transfers. Almost all the sisters are being switched up. I got my trainer letter this week so it was official, but then we got a surprise: Sister Siefert is staying in 1st ward. SO we are going to be in a threesome whilst I am training the new sister. It will be good I think because then when we role play there will be two to practice teaching together and then one investigator. There are always benefits to being in a threesome. She will be going on 11 months in this area. WAY too long for me to be in an area, but I think its good for some people. The funny thing is, is that we were so sure of it she has already told people that she is leaving and everything and taken pictures and one of the men in the ward even took her information because he wants her to date his brother in law when she gets home. haha, they are in for a real treat when she is still around this transfer! She says its going to be awkward, but we are missionaries... we do awkward things! We knock on strangers doors bearing our testimonies. We try and teach less active people that dont want anything to do with the church. We say things boldly that others only think and we do it with confidence.... We are missionaries, we do awkward things! 

So we had an awesome lesson with Rod. He is SO prepared! He already has a baptism date which is great. we told him he has to come to church 3 times so he committed to three weeks (of church) plus 2 weeks. Sadly, when we got his address (because we were teaching him at the church) he doesnt live in our area boundaries so we will be passing him onto the 4th ward elders. He is one of the first investigators (besides Shirley) that we've been able to use the D&C with. We were talking about the nature of god and how he has a body and he was really shocked by that and how bold we were in declaring that belief so we talked about the scriptures in the bible that alludes to it and the book of mormon and then we showed him the one in the Doctrine and Covenants and he LOVED it. It was a powerful lesson for sure. 

The campus sisters have had a lack of things to do this week because of the break between spring semester and summer semester  So they came out in our area a couple times with us. Its fun to have sisters so close to be able to see every couple days. Sister Sorensen is going to Troy this next transfer and I am so excited for her. I loved Troy. I would go back to troy. They are opening a new sister area in Alabama and closing down Georgia. Sister Eckles is coming to serve with sister Horan, which I am super excited for because i served in the MTC with her and she is so great! The work will go forward and I am so happy to be a part of it! I love being a missionary at this time and I love my savior. I can see a change and a growth in myself that I am so grateful for. I even got up and bore my testimony yesterday without being nervous AT ALL and not even coming close to crying. I feel so much more confident in the things I know and the roots of my testimony are going deeper and deeper. I love this gospel so much and just wish everyone would accept it right now, but its all in gods time and I know that he is preparing people everywhere to come into the fold. 

Have a great week everyone! 
Sister Webb

No comments: