Monday, May 28, 2012

April 3, 2012 letter

Hey All!
Happy April! Wasn't conference the best?! Conference to a missionary is like to super bowl to the rest of the world. We get so excited for it! I have always loved conference, but never felt so much inspiration come through the words of the prophets like I do on my mission. I love that we can all take our questions with us and through the spirit we can each get our own various answers even if it is something that is not specifically talked about. I always think its interesting that there seems to be a theme through alot of conference. The speakers dont talk together and assign topics to be discussed, but through prayer and revelation they are told from the lord what they need to speak about. I felt like this conference was very heavily family based. We know that the family is being targeted by the adversary and that the family unit as defined by "the family, a proclamation to the world" is slowly falling apart. Just as the family was the pattern established by god in the pre-existance and it is how we will live in the next life, it is so important to make sure that those relationships are as good as we can make them (president Uchdorfs talk about forgiveness was great). Heavenly father entrusts us with his children to teach them and lead them in the way they should be living. There is nothing more important in this life than this. I am so grateful for my earthly family and my spiritual family. The knowledge that we are all brothers and sisters, children of our heavenly father makes loving everyone I meet so much easier. There we so many great talks given, but I think my overlying message I got for myself would be that sacrifice brings forth blessings, and that we need to trust in the lord. He has given us ways to tell if we are on the right path and that includes: being able to partake of the sacrament worthily, holding a current temple recommend and going as often as possible and being willing to sacrifice for others and for god. I cant wait to get the ensign and read them all again! 

This week has been a good one too. We didnt teach much as far as investigators go, but we saw alot of less actives this week. I know I probably say it alot, but it just breaks my heart every time i go see someone that has left the church and forgotten those covenants they have made with the lord. We went to see a girl last night who is in the process of deciding what she wants to do. If she wants to leave the church or stay and fight her family for her beliefs. In a very selfish way, it feels so good to be able to testify to these people. To review my own conversion and to think about all the experiences I have had in my life telling me that the church is true. From an outsider looking in, their stories just scream about gods love for them. They have had prayers answered and beautiful conversion stories; And I cant help but think (while they are telling me about their conversion and then their reasons for leaving) 'If it was true then... why isnt it true now?' God is the same yesterday, today and forever. If his church was true when they were baptized, it is still true today. Like one of the General Authorities said in conference "its true isnt it? Well then what else matters?" nothing else should matter to us, but it is just so easy to forget and to be swayed if we are not always looking to god and Jesus Christ. 

We went to a place yesterday for P-day called wacolla springs. We got to take a boat ride (for all those RMs reading thinking that I broke a rule - it was a commercial boat so not against the white handbook) and saw a bunch of gators and other Floridian wild life. It was pretty sweet. There is a young couple that do so much for the missionaries and they decided to invite us all and take us all with them. So they brought their 12 passenger van and took 10 of us with them. It was pretty sweet. 

It was a great week especially with conference.
Now begins the 6 month count down till October! 

Love you all! Have a great Easter Sunday this week. 

Sister Webb




No comments: