Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 22, 2012 letter

I was reading the Book of Mormon this morning for my personal studies and I am in Alma 26 (that is where I was before we read for 3 days) and I feel like this chapter describes so well how I feel on a daily basis. I was thinking back over my mission as I was writing in my Journal last night and thinking about how great missionary work is and how the new announcement is going to give even more people the chance to serve, and then this morning I read that chapter (for those that dont know exactly what it is, it is where Ammon talks about how great God is for allowing them to serve and do missionary work among the lamanites and baptize so many of them and Aaron chastises him for boasting and then ha talks for the rest of the chapter about why its ok to boast as long as you are boasting of God and not yourself.) I feel like I am so blessed to be serving at this time! That God was great enough to tell me that I needed to serve a mission and he has allowed me the chance to serve his children and to preach the gospel here in Florida/Alabama. I see miracles every day and I dont deserve them, but God being the amazing father in Heaven that he is, allows me to see them and be a part of them.

This week was great, as they all are. We had alot of random successes on campus of finding people. We talk to alot of people each week and we try to always invite them to do something whether it be to look at mormon.org or to come to church, and sadly, most of the time they say yes and dont do it. But we met this guy on saturday named Brad. We talked to him for a while and invited him to come to church with us. As they always do he said he would "check it out sometime". We were hopeful that he would be based on how often it actually happens, chances were slim. Well, half way through sacrament meeting I turned around to look for someone (I cant remember who I was looking for now) and there he was sitting on the back row. We went to go talk to him afterwards but couldnt even get to him because he had 3 other people come up and talk to him for a while. As it turns out, he has 3 friends that are members of our congregation. We were so excited! We get to teach him this week, and I cant wait to see where it goes.

The other really great story this week was Corrinne. Hopefully I've told you a little about her. She is the golden referral that we got from the 1st ward sisters. We were a little worried this week because she wasnt responding and missed her lesson and seemed to not really be caring that much anymore. I was a little worried that she was antied or something happened to cause her to not want to learn anymore but saturday night she sent us a text and said that she dropped her phone in the pool, and her car broke down so she had to go home to find a new car and then she said "I've started to read the Book of Mormon and I read the pamphlet of Gods plan and Ive been praying so much! I honestly feel amazing lately, and I feel like Gods really helping me with this and like Im going in the right direction." We are so excited for this week to teach her. She wants to be able to do it for herself and not because she is dating a member, and I feel like she is on the right path. We are hoping to set a baptism date for her this week, so we'll be praying for that!

We've been trying to keep our weekends as productive as possible because there arent many people on campus saturday and especially not sunday. So yesterday we had a great idea to go and chalk mormon.org and questions of the soul all over campus. It was alot of fun. We found a huge area and drew out the plan of salvation. As we were drawing a guy was walking with his friends and he stopped to look at it. I asked him if we could teach him about it and he said yes. He sent his friends on their way and stayed to talk with us. We told him all about the plan and read him a couple of the scriptures and he loved it. He wanted a book of mormon and was really excited to learn about it. It was really great to see that when we try out best to do what God wants us to do and we find ways to use our time the best we can, he places people in our paths that we are able to testify to.

Hope you all have a great week!
Sister Webb

No comments: