Wednesday, October 24, 2012

September 17, 2012 letter


"You do not FIND the happy life, You MAKE it."


Oh hi there!
Well, Its been another week. A rather uneventful one at that.... kinda.

Sister Fullmer is officially home now. I have never seen a missionary leave the way she did. She was so calm and lacked the normal traits of a missionary leaving the field. She was not trunky, nervous, there was only one minor break down and she took it like a champ everytime anyone mentioned the fact that she was going home. So crazy how fast a mission goes by.

Now I am with sister Pulsipher. She is a brand new missionary fresh from the MTC. She is from Mesquite Nevada and she is a super cute girl. She loves to play volleyball and went to SUU for communications (broadcasting) and finished 3 years before coming out on a mission. Its been fun being able to train a couple times because Ive gotten to see how different personalities respond to the work and to being a missionary. She is nothing like sister Christian and nothing like sister Hirst, but i'd say she is alot like I was when I got out into the field. Its actually been a bit of a tender mercy for me to be able to be with her because I feel like its really shown me how much I have grown. Sometimes looking back I feel like I havent made that much progress from where I was when I started and I worry that people wont see a difference in me when I get home, but I can see that that is not true. I still have alot of work to do and alot of room for improvement but the mission truly has changed me to be a better person and to have more confidence in myself and in my testimony. I am so grateful for that.

So this week I dont haven much to talk about, alot if it was spent getting sister Fullmer ready to go and then getting sister Pullsipher settled, but here are some exciting things:

#1- Alexandra received the gift of the Holy Ghost, which was awesome. She is so great and doesnt even need missionaries, but we are still here none the less :) She had a great blessing that talked about how her personality was a gift from god that was given to her to be able to share the gospel with other people.

#2- We found this awesome girl named Bianca. She is from Puerto Rico and met missionaries down there alot, but was never in one place long enough to really learn from them or to be able to go to church. She said that she has a book of mormon in both spanish and english and she seemed really genuinely interested in coming to church and learning from us. We have an appointment with her this week, So im pretty excited about her.

#3- Thursday I planned a 'green breakfast' for sister pulsipher. There are a couple girl in our complex (member) that drive us everywhere whenever we need to go places so I wanted to say thanks to them, so president gave me permission to have them over into our apartment and we had pancakes and milk and eggs and grits and grapes and kiwi... that was all dyed green :). It looked super gross but turned out really great and was delicious.

hope yall have a great week!
Sister Webb

Sister Pulsipher, my new companion!


 There is a gas station in quincy that sells gator heads. Sister Fullmer wanted one to take home with her so Kristen took us out there to get her one.
 


 The green breakfast. 

 

No comments: