Monday, January 4, 2010

Fishing!

My Dad's favorite pass time is fishing. He works in Alaska over the summer and fishes all day. If you get him talking about it, he will talk your ear off for hours. For as long as i can remember, i have been going fishing with my dad. Last year for my birthday i didnt know what to ask for so he bought me a fishing pole, a tackle box, and some hooks. We dont go very often but every once and a while we go ice fishing. Usually i hate the cold, and it would seem like sitting on the ice fishing would be terrible, but its kind of fun!

Here are some pictures from a few years ago...

We hit a deer on the way up the canyon.



We went again today, up to a place called red creek reservoir. There were only a couple other people on the ice. We spent 4 hours fishing, i caught 8 fish and he caught 2... (he would have caught 3 more, but his line kept snapping off)

Dad drilling the holes.
His first catch.
My fish :)
My first catch... yup, i'm holdin' a fish. Gross.

3 comments:

Kayde said...

haha thats way cool I cant believe you held a fish!! go Sarah. I love that fun stuff with dads is the best ice fishing looks cold though

Anonymous said...

my favorite picture of sarah!! remember how i was supposed to go with you guys :]

Abby Neff said...

hahaha i love it! Oh man sarah fishing will forever be a part of our families lives. Love your blog...