Thursday, January 6, 2011

New year resolutions and a finished craft


2010 is gone and 2011 brings more goals in my life.  I set goals for myself all year round. Lets face it, I’m a constant work in progress. However my new years goals tend to be the only ones that I write down. Really it should be a goal of mine to start following through with goals, but I do manage to accomplish some of them. Here are some highlights from my 2010 goals:

Accomplished: I did finally get in the habit of morning prayers, and I did have a plan of attack for life when I graduated.

Things that I didn’t accomplish: start sketching more and working on my “fine art” skills, and initiating more conversations, friendships and hang-outs

Things that I actually went backwards on: Having a savings when I graduated -- I was actually in debt when I graduated (not far, but defiantly wasn’t saving anything). Eat out less – Yep, I think I ate out more last year than I ever have in my life.

Monday night I finally got around to writing down my 2011 goals. I won’t share them all but here are a few:

Spritual: Work on 24 hour fasting.
Physical: Exercise more (I know its typical. But I did finally give in and get a gym membership so that is one step close and I am paying for it now, So I feel like this is the year I finally stick to this one)
Mental: Less computer time and more leisurely reading. (obviously I am on the computer now, so that one hasn’t quite kicked in)
Other: Communicate my thoughts and feelings better/more.
Make a budget and save better.
Finish started projects.

So there you have it… If I stick to my goals I will be a better person at the end of 2011.

I am also SUPER excited to finally be able to post a FINISHED craft.

Remember this craft from way back in August:




 Well I finally put the finishing touches on it yesterday and hung it up on my wall. Take a looksie: 


1 comment:

marinda said...

Super duper cute earring holder!!!! I love it. And I love the book pages idea. You crafty person you. Love you!