Thursday, April 29, 2010

A funny email

So I got this email today forwarded from my teacher, Alan. Everytime he gets emails about jobs, he just sends them to me. This is one I got today, and its HILARIOUS... so i want to share.

Alan!!

Been a long time since we spoke. I missed you in New York due to absolute insanity at work. And you know what? It hasn't died down at all. Which is why I'm talking to you. Because I'm the kind of guy that only contacts the people he knows when he needs something. Yes...I'm one of THOSE people.

So here's the deal. At Vicarious Visions, I'm in charge of the User Interface department. I basically handle all of the UI artists here and am in charge of making sure things go swimmingly in the land of interface in our evil video games that are making children around the world fatter and more belligerent. Yay Violence!

And right now we have a lot of work to do. And we need more people. And as crazy as it sounds, hiring User Interface artists is difficult. Mostly because if you're any good...you already have a nice cushy job...because people in video games tend to hate UI....because they don't understand design. They hate type. They hate composition. It's kind of wierd.

Here's where you come in. Do you know of anyone who has recently graduated who is looking for work? We need to hire a couple of people...full time. This will be for a permanent job in this stupid industry. We're looking for people with a real knack and ...sigh, here comes a buzzword...."passion", for graphic design. We understand if they have no gaming experience...we can teach that shit to monkeys. What we can't teach is taste and talent.

So if you know of anyone, just let me know. I'd love to look at any portfolios. I'm sure your incredibly busy as usual...but frankly, my selfish and capitalistic needs come first.

Thanks!

1 comment:

*ALi* said...

lol that is hilarious. and awesome.