Thursday, April 22, 2010

Large and in charge

Just when I thought that I was finishing up what has been the EASIEST semester of my schooling career, life got a little bit stressful.

I expected today to be just like any other Thursday (because Thursdays are the days that I actually have classes), go to my BFA class and listen to everyone talk about the same things we have been talking about every Thursday for the whole semester Followed by my Portfolio class where 3 or 4 of us sit around and talk about what we are working on and what our plans are after graduation.

For those who dont know, everyone that is graduating with a Bachelors of Fine Arts (BFA) has to put their work in a final show. Since graphic designers are not really fine artist, we have a separate show from the other emphasis's. So we have a class to plan and talk about out show. At the beginning of the semester we got put into groups according to what we would be doing to help out with the show, and I got put on Advertising. There was one girl, Mikelle, who sort of took charge but Alan (my teacher) felt like she needed a co-chair, just incase she couldnt make it to something or slacked on her duties. He chose me. Woo-hoo.

Fast forwarding from the beginning of the semester to 2 weeks ago. I showed up to class after not being there for 5 weeks (two skipped and one off because i was in brazil, one because alan was at a conference and canceled class, and one because we were at a portfolio review in salt lake) Mikelle hadnt showed up that day so the whole class was bombarding me with questions (because i was the co-chair) that i had no answers to because i had be MIA for 5 weeks. I felt like an idiot so i emailed her and come to find out.. she up and moved to Salt Lake and didnt have any idea what was going on either.

Today it happened again, so after class i finally took charge. I met with my committee, figured out what needed to be done, and delegated it out.

now I am in charge of pretty much this whole event. woo hoo.
If you want to come... feel free!

No comments: