Saturday, April 17, 2010

What a girl lacks

One thing i have noticed in the world today is that when a girl lacks in looks, she can make up for it in her personality. If a girl is kind of plain, but super funny and outgoing she has just as much potential to have a guy as her out as a girl that is drop dead gorgeous. I think I might lack in both areas.

Spring time hits and everyone seems to emerge from their apartments with their significant other to go on walks in the nice warm(ish) weather. Couples are everywhere. Call in spring fever if you will, but there is something about this time of year that makes people just want to have someone to date. The couples seems to multiply rapidly. Ive tried my hardest to keep my head above water and not notice it so much (since i havent dated anyone in a long long long time) but its hard to not notice when all my roommates are even dating someone. I am super happy for them and i love all their boys, so i am not complaining at all about that. Its just the fact that I dont i guess. People say my sister and i look scary alike, but she seems to always have a boy around. So that is when i came to my conclusion that if a girl is just average looking, she can make it up in personality. Because we might looks the same, but caitlin definitely has the personality.

I'm not writing this post as a 'pity post' or fishing for compliments by any means. It would actually be awesome if any comment that were left said nothing about how much i am wrong and how I dont get asked out because boys are intimidated by me... or whatever. I know you all love me, that is why we are friends. Im writing it because I am trying my best to turn over a new leaf and expose my true feelings and opinions on life, and this is what i have been feeling as of lately. I guess this post was brought on because tonight we went to the true aggie dance, it was on the quad, and when it was over people were just hanging out waiting for true aggie night to start.... as i stood in the midst of all these people there were quite a few good looking guys standing around talking about finding a girl to kiss, and not one of them gave me a second glance. Im not saying im ugly, im really not. Im just average. But whats a girl to do when she is both average in looks and personality?

Thanks for reading my rant... Dont feel any obligation to comment. It feels good to just get it out.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

i should have been a boy. i'd have married you the first time i met you :)
boys are dumb anyways ha ha who needs em!
(ps i think you're wonderful and i'm not just saying it to make you feel good, i really think you're just wonderful!

Kara Nesbort said...

Hm, here's my opinion on the matter...if you want it :)

I don't think you're average in either looks or personality, everyone is so different that there is no average. The problem is, some girls are really, really good at flirting and letting guys know they like them and making good first impressions. Those girls have a larger pool of guys they appeal too...like lowest common denominator type-thing. Sooo, in my opinion you'll someday attract some guy who is actually a good fit for you, don't change, don't care. You're coooool.

marinda said...

Dear Sarah,
To be completely honest...I think Joe would've dated you had he not met me first. Haha. But seriously. I am neither gorgeous NOR do I have a great personality so I just think it's all about the timing. I have no doubt that your time will come and you will be glad you waited all this time for that special guy! You rock!