Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 04 - A habit that I wish I didn't have

Im beginning to realize that everyday I am going to want to start my blog off with "there are so many things to choose from". This one especially.

I am someone who has recently (and by recently I mean in the last 3 or 4 years) discovered the joys of self improvement. I finally figured out who I am and who I want to be. So naturally I saw all the flaws and terrible habits that needed to change before I ever reached that point in my life. I am all about the soul searching and the goal setting. On a day to day basis it really doesnt feel like I have progressed much, but when i look back a little farther I see just how far I really have come these last few years.

I wish I could say I am now the person I have been striving for, but still after years of work, I have a long ways to go. Although I am sure you'd all love to hear the list of flaws and bad habits I think I have, I will stick to just one:

If I have money, I spend it.

• I dont like to go to the grocery store because I am that person that walks down an isle and gets sucked into a product for the way the packaging looks. 
• I'd rather not spend 20 minutes racking my brain figuring out whether the 20 cents i might save by buying the cheap brand is really going to be worth compromising the taste. 
• I like to shop. 
• If I lend people money and its only a couple bucks, I tend to just let it go.
• Traveling is expensive
• Im a sucker for a sale, but in the end I spend more because I buy too many discounted items. 
• Craft and Thrift stores are a crafty pack rats dream. I cant help buying things I dont need for projects I will never finish. 
• Eating out is just too good. 

 
I rarely buy anything really big, but somehow all the little things add up and I never manage to save any money. 
This is one of the next aspects of my life I will be improving, So wish my luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to travel somewhere SOOOOO bad right now. I have got the biggest travel itch.

marinda said...

Haha, Sarah...I hear you on ALL those things! This is something I am also working on, especially thanks to dear Joe who hates spending money. Haha. We can DO IT! Together!

P.s. When are you coming to Logan again? :) I MISS YOU!!

P.p.s. My word verification verifying that I am not a computer virus (or whatever it's for...) is "hells". Yep, that's right. Hells. Just wanted to share!