Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 19 - A picture of someone I miss

Happy thanksgiving everyone! What a perfect day for this post, being thanksgiving and a time for family.


These two are my grandparents. Bessie and Roland. 

Three years ago (august of 2007) they both passed away. My grandma had Lung cancer and she decided not to go through Chemo. She was given a short couple months to live, but she held on for a couple years. I think it was because of the love she had for my grandpa. Then in 2007 he got sick and passed away first. Two days later, my grandma let go and passes as well.

I cant believe its been a little over 3 years since they passed away. I miss them alot and look up to them in so many ways. They knew the importance of the gospel in their lives and the importance of family. They loved family gatherings, and it was one of my grandmas dying wishes that we still got together often. They loved each other so much! They set an amazing example to me by the way they lived their lives. 

It makes me grateful for the plan of salvation, to know that I will get to see them again.

No comments: