Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 12.13.14.15

Really four days? I have missed four days? I tell ya, its so hard to catch back up. Luckily its sunday and I dont feel like going out tonight.. So I have the time to do things like cleaning my room, writing friends on missions, and catch up on blog writing.

Day 12 A picture of something I love

Once again, So many things to choose from... But I think I will tell you about the love that has been a constant in my life for a long time. ART.

In the 5th grade I had a teacher named Mrs. Cook. She was one of my favorite teachers. I got to write a little blurb about her on our classes page for the year book and I wrote 'I love her because she loves art and so do I' 

In the 7th grade I had a teacher named Mrs. Gustdavison (spelling may vary) Who pretty much everyone hated, but I loved her, and she loved me... It was in her class that I realized that I was actually decent at art. 

In 8th and 9th grade I had Mrs Francis. She helped me understand the principals behind art.

Then it was on to high school where I took painting my sophomore year and half years of AP art my junior and Senior year. I had a teacher named Mr Aitkin. He was crazy, he loved to speak french and the phrase 'dont touch the paper with your dainty digits' still runs through my head everytime I see watercolor paper (because the oils from your fingers will mess up your paints if you touch anything but the sides of the papers) We listened to pink floyds 'money' almost everyday. He loved that song. It was in his class that I really developed my artistic skills. He pushed us by assigning the craziest of projects. 

I left for college and knew that I wanted to do art. I started the BFA program my very first semester, It was the perfect major for me. I continue to love art and I think I always will.

I found a folder of old pictures of artwork from highschool... no one has ever really seen this stuff. Some of them are better than other. 








Day 13 - A picture of something I hate

Its true what they say. Hate is a strong word. 

I strongly dislike when people lack respect for others and when people judge others based on one little glimpse of their lives. 

We never know exactly what people are going through. No matter now close you are to someone, you will never completely understand what is happening in their lives at that very moment. This is a really weird example, but i am going to roll with it anyways. There is a part of 500 days of summer where Tom just got in a fight with summer and he is running down the stairs and he runs into two girls on the way down. He is a little annoyed and moves out of the way but ushers them on up the stairs in a very sarcastic way. The girls walk past them annoyed that he was rude... Those girls had no idea what just happened in his life, they just know that one little moment when he was slightly rude to them.

I dont like it when people honk. There are few time when someone meant to cut you off, or when someone sat at a green light for 5 seconds before going. You never know what exactly happened...maybe they just didnt see you or maybe their kid just threw a cup of hot chocolate at them and they got a little distracted... who knows why, but no one likes to get honked at. :) 




I dislike it when people leave trash places for others to clean up (even if its their job) or leave a crappy tip (they might not deserve 20% but at least give them something). I dislike it when people dont give other the benefit of the doubt. 

I am in no way perfect in these areas.... But I do try my best. 

(i just read through this one, and my thoughts were a little scattered... sorry) 

 Day 14 - Picture of someone I could never imagine my life without

This one is easy! Let me introduce you to my brother, Sam. 


Sam and I when we were young


Sam is 2 years older than me and has become one of my best friends in the last 5 years or so. We were kind of close growing up, and by that i mean we didnt fight too much. But we became really good friends while he was on his mission. He wasnt getting very many hand written letters, so i decided to stop sending him emails and start writing them. After he got home I was living in logan, but he moved to smithfield for a few short months and we took an institute class together where we got to talk alot and grow even closer. We've had a really good relationship since then and now he means the world to me. We are both living at home in kaysville, and its not the easiest thing for either of us. Its been really nice to have him to talk to when I am feeling down and nice to be there for him when he is feeling that way too. I love talking to him and hanging out with him. He is so caring and such a good example to me. He has amazing qualities, and whoever the girl is that gets him is going to be super lucky to have him as her husband. I couldnt ask for a better brother!

Day 15 - A picture of something I want to do before I die

Ah the bucket list. So many things that cost alot of money have made my list. Lets hope that someday I am rich enough to do them! 

Before I die, I want to visit all the continents. (or at least the ones that people regularly travel to) 



So far I have been to North America (obviously because i live there). 
South America. Brazil to be specific, but I really want to go to Peru. 
Europe. (I've been to Switzerland, France, and Italy) My next stop there will be England and Greece.

So now I just have to get to Africa, Australia, and Asia. (and if someday I have ridiculous amounts of money and nothing to spend it on, I will find a way to get to Antarctica)


WOW, fun times catching up on this baby. See you tomorrow!





No comments: